RDB2147 MRSA combi
Beta-lactam antimicrobial agents are the preferred drugs for serious Staphylococcus aureus infections. However, since the introduction of Methicillin into clinical use, Methicillin-resistant S. aureus (MRSA) strains have emerged worldwide as important pathogens, and the prevalence of these strains in the community is now increasing substantially. Studies show an increasing prevalence of MRSA of 18% in Central Europe within eleven years. Isolates resistant to Methicillin are typically resistant to most agents other than Vancomycin.
Further antibiotics, staphylococci are resistant to are Macrolide, Lincosamide and Streptogramin (MLS) antibiotics, Tetracyclines, Quinolones and Vancomycin.
A number of genes conferring resistance to this group of antibiotics via a variety of mechanisms have been identified.
The kit AID MRSA combi is a rapid and reliable molecular diagnostic tool.
- Differentiation of Staphylococcus aureus and coagulase-negative staphylococci
- Detection of the most frequent resistance genes of staphylococci
- Recognition of mecA and mecC
- Results within 4 hours
- Suited for automates systems
- Control bands on every strip shows correct DNA isolation, amplification and hybridization
- Evaluation and documentation with AID scanner and software