SEXUAL TRANSMITTED DISEASES
RDB2117 Chlamydia trachomatis
Infections with Chlamydia trachomatis are one of the most frequent sexually transmitted diseases in youngsters and young adults. Beside of Urethritis and Cervicitis infections can be shown as conjunctivitis or as pneumonia (newborn). Infections with C. trachomatis can also cause inflammation of the pelvis, infertility, ectopic pregnancy, epididymitis and reactive arthritis.
Most infections are asymptomatic (90%). But also initially asymptomatic infections can result a chronic disease. Timely antibiotic therapy can avoid a chronic progress.
AID Chlamydia trachomatis Kit enables a sensitive and accurate pathogen detection.
- Easy and quick procedure
- PCR with subsequent lineprobe assay
- Sensitive PCR detection of Chlamydia trachomatis (inclusive plasmid free or mutated plasmid variants)
- Specimen: DNA from cervical or vaginal swab
- Control bands on every strip show correct DNA isolation, amplification and hybridization
- Results within 4 hours
- Suited for automated systems
- Evaluation and documentation with AID Scanning system