SEXUAL TRANSMITTED DISEASES
Sexually transmitted diseases are a permanent challenge also in times of modern medicine.
AID STD-Kit is a screening kit for detection of the most frequent STD pathogens.
Starting with specimen from a scrape or biopsy there are modules for PCR amplification of humane papillomaviruses (23 high risk HPV and 6 low risk HPV), Herpes simplex Viruses (HSV1 and HSV2), Chlamydia trachomatis, Neisseria gonorrhoeae and Treponema pallidum
Characterization of the pathogens is done by reverse hybridization on one strip by a lineprobe assay.
- Designed for initial STD screening
- Differentiation of 5 most frequent pathogens of sexually transmitted diseases (STD) on one test strip
- PCR with subsequent lineprobe assay
- 1 specimen for 5 STD pathogens
- Specimen: DNA from cervical scrape, biopsies and FFPE-samples
- Control bands on every strip show correct DNA isolation, amplification and hybridization
- Results within 4 hours
- Suited for automated systems
- Evaluation and documentation with AID Scanning system