SARS-CoV-2 Detection Kit (incl. Extraction)
PPM 1000 SARS-CoV-2 Detection Kit
Emerging of SARS-CoV-2 and the spread as a pandemic in early 2020 brought health systems worldwide to their limits. Essential for containment is quick and exact diagnosis of infected people combined with quarantine measures.
The AID SARS-CoV-2 Detection Kit is a Real time PCR screening kit for the fast and sensitive detection of SARS-CoV-2 RNA, starting from swab material from the throat or nasopharynx as well as bronchoalveolar lavage.
With the help of the supplied Smart Lysis Tool, RNA from the sample material is quickly and efficiently extracted. In a multiplex reaction, fragments of the 2 SARS-CoV-2 target genes RdRP and Orf1b as well as a fragment of the human RNase P gene were detected as an internal control.
- Developed for initial SARS-CoV-2-screening
- Specimen: swab material from the throat or nasopharynx as well as bronchoalveolar lavage
- Extraction of virus RNA by Smart Lysis Tool (included)
- Detection of 2 SARS-CoV-2 Targets RdRP and Orf1b in a multiplex rT-qPCR
- Results within 2 hours
- Internal control (RNase P) for correct RNA isolation and –amplification.