AID DNA Arrays are based on reverse hybridization of DNA.
Reverse hybridization enables:
- Detection of SNPs (single nucleotide polymorphism)
- Differentiation between homozygous and heterozygous genotype
- Characterization of alleles in polymorphic regions like HLA gen complex
- Detection of viral and bacterial DNA
DNA amplification by polymerase chain reaction (PCR) before DNA characterization enables high sensitivity. Minimal amounts of DNA are sufficient for analysis.
Advantages of AID Array at a glance:
- Highly reliable, reproducible and simple method
- Little time needed: reverse hybridization lasts 2.5 hours
- No dangerous ethidiumbromid gel electrophoresis necessary
- Included positive- and negative controls document a valid result
- 96 well microtiter plate format suited for moderate and high sample throughput
- Automated workstation available
- Evaluation and documentation by AID Reader and AIDot software