RDB 2255 Myco-Screen
Among the tuberculosis pathogens there is a clear distinction defined between „typical“ Mycobacteria, represented by Mycobacterium tuberculosis, M. bovis, M. africanum and M. microti as well as M. leprae, the causative agent for lepra.
On the other side Nontuberculous Mycobacteria (NTM) - even termed „Mycobacteria other
than tuberculosis“ (MOTT) in the anglo-american language use - will be distinguished as a separate group.
These Nontuberculous Mycobacteria represent environmental bacteria with approximately 150 classified species generally not regarded causative for a person-to-person way of infection.
Nevertheless infections derived by Nontuberculous Mycobacteria in immunosuppressed patients have been strongly increased in recent years contributing largely to the overall amount of mycobacterioses at all.
Main manifestations of NTM/MOTT-infections are being observed in lung, skin and lymph nodes, but even systemic infections of the whole organism occur, wherefore AIDS-patients are commonly diagnosed for.
- M. tuberculosis complex detection band covers: M. tuberculosis, M. bovis, M. africanum and M. microti
- Specific detection bands of up to 17 humanpathogenic „Nontuberculous Mycobacteria “ within 5 hours
- Suited for automates systems
- Control bands on every strip show correct DNA isolation, amplification and hybridization
- Evaluation and documentation with AID scanner and software
- Good detection from culture