AID FSME TBEV Kit – Sensitive Detection of TBEV-RNA isolated from ticks
RDB2240 FSME TBEV
Tick borne encephalitis (TBE, german: Frühsommer Meningo-Enzephalitis (FSME)) is the most important virus disease transmitted by ticks in Europe. It is caused by a viral pathogen: Tick borne encephalitis virus, a member of flavivirus group, which is transmitted by the bit of the tick Ixodes ricinus.
AID FSME TBEV Kit enables sensitive detection of TBEV-RNA isolated from ticks.
Only a small part of tick population is carrying TBEV. Determination of virus status of a tick after a bit can be useful for avoiding unnecessary concerns.
- sensitive detection of RNA of Tick Borne Encephalitis Virus in tick
- PCR with subsequent lineprobe assay
- Specimen: RNA isolated from tick
- Control band on every strip show correct RNA isolation, amplification and hybridization.
- Results within 4 hours
- Suited for automated systems
- Evaluation and documentation with AID Scanning system