Suitable for culture and clinical specimens
The incidence of multidrug resistant and extremely drug resistant strains of Mycobacterium tuberculosis is a serious threat to worldwide TB control. Multidrug-resistant tuberculosis (MDR-TB) is caused by strains resistant to at least Isoniazid (INH) and Rifampin (RIF), the two most powerful first-line Anti-TB drugs.
Strains, which cause extensively drug-resistant TB (XDR-TB), are not only resistant to INH and RIF but also to at least any Fluoroquinolone (FQ) and one of the second-line injectable drugs Amikacin, Kanamycin and Capreomycin.
Resistant TB is more difficult to treat than drug-susceptible TB, there are stronger adverse effects, therapy is more expensive and the patient is more likely to stay infectious for a longer period of time.
Rapid tests that detect resistances are necessary for early initiation of effective therapy. Culture tests can take several weeks.
- Detection of Mycobacteria of the Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex and its resistances to Fluoroquinolones und Ethambutol
- For culture and clinical specimens
- High sensitivity and specificity for antibiotic resistances of TB
- Modular system of the test:
Module 1: INH/RIF
Module 2: Aminoglycoside
Module 3: FQ/EMB
- Results within 4 hours
- Suited for automated systems
- Control bands on every strip shows correct DNA isolation, amplification and hybridization
- Evaluation and documentation with AID scanner and software
- Art.no.: RDB 2187