RDB 2040 PeriodontitisPlus
It has been proved by numerous scientific studies that a defined bacterial flora plays a part in the etiology of periodontal diseases and the failure of implants.
Some marker bacteria are thought to play a key role, because the exotoxins produced by these bacteria are directly connected with the continuance of the inflammation and the increasing loss of supporting tissue.
Inflammation promoting genotypes of cytokines (Il-1) and HLA predisposition HLA-DR4 amplify this effect. In order to introduce an antibiotic treatment of the bacteria which are often unavoidable during mechanical treatment, a microbiological diagnosis is necessary.
AID PeriodontitisPlus Kit enables a sensitive detection of periodontitis marker bacteria, determination of Il-1 Genotype and HLA-DR4 risk allele.
- Detection of the 12 most important Periodontitis marker bacteria, Interleukin-1 risk allele and of HLA-DR4 Allele in one step
- PCR with subsequent lineprobe assay
- Specimen: DNA from subgingival plaque samples
- Control bands on every strip show correct DNA isolation, amplification and hybridization
- Results within 4 hours
- Suited for automated systems
- Evaluation and documentation with AID Scanning system