Initial screening for bacterial CAP pathogens
Common cultivation times for detection of bacterial pathogens causing pneumonia are generally 24 – 48 hours.
Therefore it‘s not possible to initiate a specific antibiotic therapy within few hours after hospitalization.
However these goals can be attained with the kit AID CAP Bac.
It specifically detects the most common pathogens causing pneumonia within 4 hours. With the differentiation of pathogens on the test strip, a specific antibiotic therapy is now possible.
The mortality rate especially in elderly patients can be decreased. Also a shortened length of stay and resulting hospital cost reduction is achieved.
- Designed for initial screening for bacterial CAP pathogens in one step multiplex PCR
- Differentiation in 9 types of the most frequent microorganisms causing pneumonia
- Specimen: sputum
- Results within 4 hours
- Suited for automated systems
- Control bands on every strip show correct DNA isolation, amplification and hybridization
- Evaluation and documentation with AID scanner and software
- Art.no.: RDB 2135