AID MTHFR Kit – Detection of polymorphism C677T and A1298C in MTHFR gene
RDB 2060 MTHFR
Hyperhomocysteinemia is a risk factor for cardiovascular diseases and deep venous thrombosis.
There are two pathways to metabolize homocysteine. Genetic defects in genes of the involved enzymes are associated with hyperhomocysteinemia. One of the pathways contains the enzyme methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR), which catalyzes the remethylation of homocysteine to methionine. Two frequent polymorphisms in the MTHFR gene are C677T and A1298C resulting in a reduced enzyme and are associated with cardiovascular diseases and deep venous thrombosis.
AID MTHFR Kit enables detection of polymorphism C677T and A1298C in MTHFR gene.
- Detection of polymorphism C677T and A1298C in MTHFR gene
- Differentiation between homozygous and heterozygous genotype
- PCR with subsequent lineprobe assay
- Specimen: human DNA isolated from buccal swab, Citrate- or EDTA-blood or biopsy
- Control bands on every strip show correct DNA isolation, amplification and hybridization
- Results within 4 hours
- Suited for automated systems
- Evaluation and documentation with AID Scanning system