RDB 2140 CAP Vir
Community Acquired Pneumonia (CAP) means a pneumonia of a immune competent patient. Infection occurs in natural private or working environment in contrast to clinical environment.
Beside of several bacterial pathogens there viruses as cause of CAP:
Influenza Virus A und B,
Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV),
Humane Metapneumoviruses and Adenoviruses
Especially in elderly and little children these viruses can cause not only pneumonia but also affections like croup, bronchitis and bronchiolitis.
AID CAP Vir Kit enables detection of most frequent viral pathogens of respiratory infections with a modular multiplex PCR.
- Detection of 8 most frequent viral CAP Pathogens
- Differentiation between Influenza A and B, Parainfluenza 1-3, Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV), Adenovirus and human Metapneumovirus
- PCR with subsequent lineprobe assay
- One specimen for all pathogens
- Specimen: RNA and DNA from nasal swab, pharyngeal swab, bronchoalveolar lavage, sputum
- Control bands on every strip show correct RNA- and DNA isolation, amplification and hybridization
- Results within 4 hours
- Suited for automated systems
- Evaluation and documentation with AID Scanning system