Sensitive detection of HSV1 and HSV2
Infections of humans with Herpes simplex Virus (HSV) are very frequent. Transmission takes place by aerosol or by contact often already at childhood.
There are two human HSV genotypes: HSV1 mainly causes Herpes labialis. Seroprevalence is nearly 90% in adults.
HSV2 causes Herpes genitalis and is sexually transmitted. Depending on social and economical status 10-30% of a population is seropositive for HSV2.
AID HSV 1 + 2 Kit enables a sensitive pathogen detection and differentiation between HSV1 and HSV2.
- Easy and quick procedure
- PCR with subsequent lineprobe assay
- Sensitive PCR detection of
Herpes simplex Virus 1 and 2
- Specimen: mucosal scrapes and epithelial biopsies
- Control bands on every strip show correct DNA isolation, amplification and hybridization
- Results within 4 hours
- Suited for automated systems
- Evaluation and documentation with AID Scanning system
- Art.no.: RDB 2130