AID HSV 1 + 2 Kit – Sensitive HSV detection & HSV1 / HSV2 differentiation
RDB 2130 HSV 1 + 2
Infections of humans with Herpes simplex Virus (HSV) are very frequent. Transmission takes place by aerosol or by contact often already at childhood.
There are two human HSV genotypes: HSV1 mainly causes Herpes labialis. Seroprevalence is nearly 90% in adults.
HSV2 causes Herpes genitalis and is sexually transmitted. Depending on social and economical status 10-30% of a population is seropositive for HSV2.
AID HSV 1 + 2 Kit enables a sensitive pathogen detection and differentiation between HSV1 and HSV2.
- Easy and quick procedure
- PCR with subsequent lineprobe assay
- Sensitive PCR detection of
Herpes simplex Virus 1 and 2
- Specimen: mucosal scrapes and epithelial biopsies
- Control bands on every strip show correct DNA isolation, amplification and hybridization
- Results within 4 hours
- Suited for automated systems
- Evaluation and documentation with AID Scanning system