AID LymeSpot equine and LymeSpot canine EliSpot assays
Diagnosis of Borreliosis of animals like horse and dog is challenging due to the unspecific clinical symptoms. Often, long-term exclusion diagnostics are the only possibility to detect Borrelia-related diseases.
Fundamentally, a positive Borrelia antibody test is separately no indicator for a therapy or reflects the clinical manifestations. In this case, detection of Borrelia-specific effector T cells can provide further diagnostic assistance.
The AID LymeSpot equine and LymeSpot kit canine detect and measure the Interferon-y expression of Borrelia-specific effector T cells.
ELSP5512 LymeSpot equine
ELSP5517 LymeSpot canine
- Alternative method to ELISA / WB with unclear diagnosis
- Clarification of unclear lameness, arthritis, swollen joints, emaciation
- For unclear chronic or neurological symptoms
- Higher sensitivity and specificity
- Therapy monitoring / prognosis possible
also for seronegative “chronic borreliosis”
- Functional control included in the kit