RDB 2055 Osteoporosis
Osteoporosis is a generalized Bone disease marked by reduced bone density and a disordered microarchitecture of bone tissue. There exists several reasons influencing development of osteoporosis. Genetic risk factors are some polymorphisms, known to be connected to bone density and therefor for higher risk or osteoporosis.
Studies have shown that an allele of collagen gene type I α1 and an allele of the gene for vitamin D-receptor is correlated to predisposition for osteoporosis.
AID Osteoporosis Kit enables detection of osteoporosis risk allele in collagen gene type I α1 (ColIa1) and in gene for vitamin D-receptor (VDR).
Genotyping for osteoporosis risk factors helps patients to know their risk for developing osteoporosis and to adapt lifestyle and diet to reduce side effects.
- Detection of osteoporosis risk allele in ColIa1- and VDR gene
- Differentiation between homozygous and heterozygous genotype
- PCR with subsequent lineprobe assay
- Specimen: human DNA isolated from buccal swab, Citrate- or EDTA-blood or biopsy
- Control bands on every strip show correct DNA isolation, amplification and hybridization
- Results within 4 hours
- Suited for automated systems
- Evaluation and documentation with AID Scanning system