IA 3030 EBV IgG/IgM
Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV, HHV4) is a herpesvirus with a high prevalence in human population. More than 95% of adults older than 40 are infected with EBV. After infection about 40% show symptoms of mononucleosis (glandular fever). Like other herpesviruses EBV can remain persistent after infection and can be reactivated in situations of immunodeficiency
Differentiation between primary infection, gone infection and virus reactivation can be done by determination of antibodies against EBV. Relation of IgG and IgM antibodies specific against different EBV antigens gives information about status of EBV infection.
AID-EBV ImmunoArray enables a standardized and sensitive detection of antibodies against 6 EBV Antigens, applied in array format.
- Immunoblot in array format with 6 EBV specific antigens for detection of serum antibodies
- Specimen: human serum
- Internal controls for documentation of correct assay processing
- Results within 2 hours
- 96 well format suited for high throughput processing
- Automated system can be offered
- Evaluation and documentation with AID Reader and AIDot software