Diagnostic work-up of ambiguous serology
Borreliosis diagnostics is often based on the clinical appearance together with anamnesis and the evidence of specific antibodies.
Fundamentally, a positive Borrelia antibody test is separately no indicator for a therapy or reflects the clinical manifestations. In this case, detection of Borrelia-specific effector T cells can provide further diagnostic assistance.
The AID LymeSpot EliSpot Assay detects and measures the Interferon-y expression of Borrelia-specific effector T cells.
- Alternative method to ELISA / WB with unclear diagnosis
- For unclear chronic or neurological symptoms
- Higher sensitivity and specificity
- Therapy monitoring / prognosis possible
also for seronegative “chronic borreliosis”
- Functional control included in the kit
- Art.no.: ELSP 5510